Local Business Owners Sound Off on Looming Zoning Changes
Published May 6th, 2014
GAINESVILLE- City commissioners have requested an updated land development code.
Rezoning is something that happens in most cities fairly often, but in gainesville... It's been 22 plus years.
Part of the update includes form based planning, something Director of Planning, Steve Dush describes as an easier way of delivering zoning designations.
"What do buildings look like how do they address the street, you know how much separation is there between the sidewalk, what does the area behind the walk of the building look like. So it's more of a for and less of an emphasis on the form and less on the uses, even though there are still use components."
Zoning changes go into effect in 2015.
The planning board is scheduled to meet may 7th as needed to discuss additional zoning issues.
- New Owners of Former McGurn YMCA Ask City for Zoning Changes
- Potential School Zone Changes
- High Springs Leaders Consider Zoning for Adult Businesses
- Small Business Owner Struggles To Find Workers
- "Bong Ban," in Florida Doesn't Change Much for Store-owners
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners
- Local Business Owner on ABC's "Shark Tank"
- Local business owner posts controversial signs
- Business Owners & Doctors Are Welcoming Back Students
- Local Business Owner and Accomplice Arrested in Murder of Coworker