Memorial Day Tribute in Dixie County
Dixie County, Florida -- A Memorial Day tribute was held Monday for former Dixie county sheriff's captain Chad Reed.
Reed was shot and killed at a Dixie county gas station back on January 14, 2010.
His family and those who worked with reed have held a tribute for him the past two years.
Before becoming a captain with the sheriff's office reed was the director of emergency management and was on the Cross City fire department.
Members of the Citizen on Patrol of Dixie county helped lead the tribute today.
They say Reed worked closely with them.
He was the liaison between the C-O-P's and the sheriff's office, so he made sure they got all the equipment they needed.
Everett Hicks, C.O.P: "He was a God fearing man. He loved the Lord and his community. He loved his country, very patriotic. He loved his family and was very instrumental in promoting a lot of good things."
Chad Reed left behind his wife Holly Reed and two boys.
Holly Reed says the community has been very supportive.
- Dixie County's Aaron Thomas and Shaquille Mitchem Win High School Play of the Year Day 3!
- Alachua County Libraries Closed On Memorial Day
- Memorial Day Service in Alachua County
- Memorial Day Weekend Picnic
- Memorial Day Closings
- Memorial Day Events
- Forest Meadows Memorial Day Celebration
- More Drivers Expected on the Roads this Memorial Day Weekend
- Boating On Memorial Day
- Tips For Traveling On The Road... Memorial Day Weekend