SEVERAL HOSPITALIZED AFTER USING "SPICE"
Alachua County health officials and Gainesville police are warning of a serious health threat tonight.
They tell us that at least a dozen people have been sickened after using the synthetic marijuana drug called "Spice."
Six people were hospitalized yesterday and at least six more today with seizures and other severe symptoms.
Evidently a "bad batch" of Spice has been distributed in alachua county, but investigators have not yet pinpointed where it came from.
Spice is not legal in Florida, but is still occasionally sold at some retail outlets.
- Bad Spice Sends Nearly 30 to the Hospital
- "K-2" or Spice Will be Illegal In Florida
- Emergency Call Ends at Jail, not Hospital
- Hospitals Adhere to Emergency Declaration
- "Starbugs" Using Insects in a Popular Drink
- Mother Uses Public Punishment to Teach Son a Lesson
- "Emergency Solution" in High Springs
- Man Suffers Severe Burns after an Explosion in his Apartment
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather
- Man Dies After Car Flips Several Times, Crashes Into Trees