SEVERAL HOSPITALIZED AFTER USING "SPICE"
Alachua County health officials and Gainesville police are warning of a serious health threat tonight.
They tell us that at least a dozen people have been sickened after using the synthetic marijuana drug called "Spice."
Six people were hospitalized yesterday and at least six more today with seizures and other severe symptoms.
Evidently a "bad batch" of Spice has been distributed in alachua county, but investigators have not yet pinpointed where it came from.
Spice is not legal in Florida, but is still occasionally sold at some retail outlets.
- Hospital program uses the arts to help patients
- Bad Spice Sends Nearly 30 to the Hospital
- "K-2" or Spice Will be Illegal In Florida
- Hospitals Adhere to Emergency Declaration
- Emergency Call Ends at Jail, not Hospital
- 'Mobile Justice App' now in use in several states
- Mother Uses Public Punishment to Teach Son a Lesson
- "Starbugs" Using Insects in a Popular Drink
- "Emergency Solution" in High Springs
- Gainesville Residents Cleaning Up After Severe Weekend Weather