Superintendent Candidate Fred Heid Visits UF
GAINESVILLE- The search for the next Alachua County School District Superintendent is narrowing.
School Board members invited the community the chance to meet one of the finalists, Chief Academic Officer for the Duval County School District, Fred Heid.
Heid answered a number of question from the public at the event.
He explained his thoughts about open access to magnet programs throughout the school district.
“If you look at a traditionally low performing school, there are not a lot of robust rigorous programs in those schools and those children don’t get the exposure and it’s disingenuous to the community and it’s disrespectful to students to presume that they don’t deserve that,” says Heid.
Throughout his Q&A, he focused on the idea of servant leadership in schools where administrators work with teachers to improve schools
Heid is one of 4 finalists chosen by School Board Members to fill the superintendents seat
Alachua County School Board members plan on voting for the next superintendent next month.
- School Board Decides Against Adding Interim Superintendent Lyons to List of Final Candidates
- First Alachua County Superintendent Finalist Visits Gainesville
- Presidential Candidate Visits North Central Florida
- Alachua County Schools Superintendent Picked
- Superintendent Sworn In
- Columbia County Assistant Superintendent Resigns
- Appoint A Superintendent?
- Crist To Appoint New Superintendent For Columbia County Schools
- School Superintendent Death Threats