Victims can get their stolen items back
Published May 29th, 2014
Marion County, Florida -- Deputies with the Marion county sheriff's department filled a trailer today with stolen items from victim's homes and cars.
Next week these people will have a chance to get their possessions back.
More than 200 items will be on display.
Most items are from burglaries in the southern portion of the county.
But more than a dozen items involved a citizen who found the property and turned them in.
Items include tools, backpacks, lawn equipment and dvd players to name a few.
Clarence Bolden, Gainesville: "I've had computers, laptops stolen, nothing necessarily that's like jewelry or nothing like that but just the fact that you feel violated after something like that happens and knowing you can get a part of that back makes you less violated."
The event is scheduled for Monday, June 2 at the Marion county sheriff's department multi-purpose building from 1-4 p.m.
- Stolen Items End Up At Yard Sale
- Eleven Guns at Buy-Back Reported Stolen
- "Can a Brotha Get A Break" Specialty Plate?
- Round Two For A Man Caught Stealing Neighborhood Items
- City Commission to Add Fuel Adjustment Item to Next Meeting's Agenda
- Hot Holiday Item: Gift Cards
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputy Will Not Be Getting His Job Back
- Missing Dogs Found at Phoenix Animal Rescue, Owners Say They Struggled to Get Them Back
- $200M To Get Floridians Back To Work