Woman Tries to Silence Her Infant By Attempting to Suffocate Him
A 2-month-old boy is in critical condition after his 21-year-old mother kept him from breathing.
Veronica Buchanan called 911 for medical help at about 5:45 yesterday afternoon.
Her child was then taken to UF Health Shands where initial medical tests showed he had internal injuries to his chest and stomach.
Buchanan admitted to Gainesville Police Officers that she became aggravated when the boy started crying.
To stop it, Buchanan said she placed her hand over the infant's mouth and nose for several minutes, until he stopped breathing altogether.
Buchanan has been charged with cruelty toward a child and aggrvated battery on a child.
She is still in the Alachua County Jail tonight with no bond.
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Gainesville Woman Arrested For Trying to Run Down a Man With Her Car
- Gainesville Police Trying To Keep Kids Out Of Trouble
- Gainesville Police Looking for Missing and Endangered Woman
- 14-Pound Baby Born to Keystone Heights Couple At UF Health Shands
- Gainesville Man Pulls Knife on Girlfriend and Her Alleged Lover
- Boy Shoots Brother, Charged with Attempted Homicide
- Police: Gainesville Man Attempts To Flee Officers, Hits Police Car
- A Gainesville Woman Wants To Keep The Same Name On Her License
- Homeless Woman Murdered...Her Body Found in Gainesville Parking Lot