11th Suspicious Letter Received in Marion County
Another green envelope was received today, making it the 11th discovered in two days.
The Marion County Fire Rescue HAZMAT team responded to the Sheriff's Office when a employee found the envelope addressed to Sheriff Chris Blair.
The letter was received yesterday but only got sorted today.
HAZMAT teams declared the white power inside to be non-hazardous but weren't able to confirm that it was artificial sweetener.
Ten different locations around the county received similar letters yesterday and they were all filled with artificial sweetener.
The envelope discovered today has been sent to a lab for further testing.
- MCSO Investigating "Suspicious Death" Inside Ocklawaha Home
- MCSO investigates suspicious death
- Suspicious Letters Scare in Marion County
- MCSO: Remembering fallen deputy Brian Litz
- Suspicious Packages Identified in Marion County
- Williston Man Exchanges Gunfire with MCSO SWAT Team
- MCSO launches crime notification system for businesses
- Cities Will Receive Less Money From Gas Taxes
- MCSO: 2-year-old death investigated as suspicious activity
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County