11th Suspicious Letter Received in Marion County
Another green envelope was received today, making it the 11th discovered in two days.
The Marion County Fire Rescue HAZMAT team responded to the Sheriff's Office when a employee found the envelope addressed to Sheriff Chris Blair.
The letter was received yesterday but only got sorted today.
HAZMAT teams declared the white power inside to be non-hazardous but weren't able to confirm that it was artificial sweetener.
Ten different locations around the county received similar letters yesterday and they were all filled with artificial sweetener.
The envelope discovered today has been sent to a lab for further testing.
- Suspicious Letters Scare in Marion County
- MCSO Investigating "Suspicious Death" Inside Ocklawaha Home
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Suspicious Packages Identified in Marion County
- Marion County HazMat and Urban Search and Rescue Teams Receive Federal Grant
- Marion County Park Receives A Facelift
- Marion County Homeless Children Receiving Assistance for the Holidays
- Letters With White Powder Received in Ocala
- Shands Computer Stolen; Thousands Receive Letter of Information Breach
- MCFR 30 YEARS