Bad Spice Sends Nearly 30 to the Hospital
GAINESVILLE - 28 people sent to the hospital in Gainesville over the weekend because of a bad strand of spice...but no one has been arrested yet.
Police traced the spice back to the "Land B4 Time Smoke Shop" on Main Street.
Spice has become increasingly hard to track because there is no field test for it.
Manufacturers manipulate one molecule...and change the substance.
This may be the reason its hard to hold people accountable.
Karen Smith, CSI Academy: "The manufacturers know that and they stay one step ahead of the curve so that the substances they use can't be detected by normal conventional means,"
The Gainesville Police Department has been actively investigating the shop, and that investigation was immediately sped up as the store became a public health concern.
- GPD: Stronger Spice Laws Needed
- Third Attack Near UF & Police Release Surveillance Vid Of Man Believed To Be Suspect
- SEVERAL HOSPITALIZED AFTER USING "SPICE"
- Proposed City Ordinance Could Help in Spice Arrests
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- "Bad Land "Fire Scorched 2500 Acres
- UF's Large Animal Hospital Puts Out Horse Owner Alert: "Bad EPM Drug"
- Five Hospitalized For Bad Batch Of Cocaine
- Near Record Rainfall Level is Bad News for Local Farmers
- FDLE investigating Gainesville Fraternal Order of Police's finances