Bad Spice Sends Nearly 30 to the Hospital
GAINESVILLE - 28 people sent to the hospital in Gainesville over the weekend because of a bad strand of spice...but no one has been arrested yet.
Police traced the spice back to the "Land B4 Time Smoke Shop" on Main Street.
Spice has become increasingly hard to track because there is no field test for it.
Manufacturers manipulate one molecule...and change the substance.
This may be the reason its hard to hold people accountable.
Karen Smith, CSI Academy: "The manufacturers know that and they stay one step ahead of the curve so that the substances they use can't be detected by normal conventional means,"
The Gainesville Police Department has been actively investigating the shop, and that investigation was immediately sped up as the store became a public health concern.
- Bank robber shot by Ocala police officer inside hospital
- Gainesville shooter kills one and sends two others to hospital
- Search Warrants Lead to Arrests and Drug Seizures
- Third Attack Near UF & Police Release Surveillance Vid Of Man Believed To Be Suspect
- Police officers find marijuana near school
- SEVERAL HOSPITALIZED AFTER USING "SPICE"
- GPD: Stronger Spice Laws Needed
- Proposed City Ordinance Could Help in Spice Arrests
- "Bad Land "Fire Scorched 2500 Acres
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments