Committee is Proposing Changes to Alachua County's School Dress Code
ALACHUA COUNTY - The Alachua County School Board is considering proposes to their dress code for the upcoming school year.
A committee made of teachers, parents, and law enforcement has come up with different changes for elementary and secondary students.
Some of the changes include no more solid color requirements or material requirements.
Jackie Johnson, Alachua County School Board: "most of the other requirements are still there it would still need to have sleeves and it would need to have a collar and it would need to cover all of the areas of the body that it should be covering."
A public hearing will be held on July 15th and the final vote by the school board will be July 29th.
- Alachua County Dress Code Changes Approved
- Alachua County School Board Will Vote on Dress Code
- School Dress Code
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- A change to Gilchrist County's logo
- Changes to County's CHOICES Program
- Gainesville/Alachua County's 10-Year plan to end homelessness- Part 2
- Alachua County's water quality tour
- Union County's Geordyn Green Wins High School Football Play of the Year Day 7!
- Dixie County's Aaron Thomas and Shaquille Mitchem Win High School Play of the Year Day 3!