Four Mobile Homes Destroyed by Fires in Citra
Published June 9th, 2014
Four mobile home owners in Citra are trying to pick up the pieces after their homes were destroyed by fires over the weekend.
Marion County Fire Rescue sent 40 firefighters from 10 different stations to put out the early morning fires on Sunday.
The first three fires all happened within a few minutes of each other and were located in the same mobile home community.
Signs asking those to report arson were nailed outside the four residences Monday.
"It's extremely atypical to have four fires occur right in a row, in the same area. So, in that sense, it is suspicious," said Jessica Greene with Marion County Fire Rescue.
All of the homes were vacant at the time of the fires so there were no injuries reported.
The State Fire Marshal's Office is currently investigating this case.
If you know anything about how these homes burned down, you're asked to call 877- NO ARSON.
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires
- Mobile Home Fire Kills Marion County Man
- Fire Marshal Investigating Several Suspicious Fires in Marion County
- Deadly Mobile Home Fire in Summerfield
- Fire Marshals investigate mobile home fire
- Mobile Home Fires Confirmed As Arson
- Fire Destroys Gainesville Mobile Home
- Fire destroys mobile home in Belleview
- Newberry Home Destroyed in Fire
- Four Dogs Killed, 20 Others Injured, After Mobile Home Goes Up in Flames