FWC Warning Boaters Not To Boat Under the Influence
ALACHUA COUNTY - The weather may not be bright enought for boaters this weekend...but law enforcement is already warning boaters not to let drinking be a dark spot on their record for the upcoming holiday weekend.
To prepare boaters for the 4th of July, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission will be out from June 27th to the 29th enforcing boating rules and looking for boating and drinking.
The outreach is called "Operation Drywater" and is apart of a national effort started in 2009.
Brandon Lasher, FWC: "it's a big enforcement effort as well as an education effort to remind the public that it is dangerous being on the water and drinking and especically being under the influence."
In 2012, 17% of boating deaths across the United States were caused by alcohol.
- Boating Under The Influence
- Gator Football Player Arrested For Driving Under The Influence
- Woman Who Crashed into Bicyclist was Under Influence
- Santa Fe River At Three Rivers Estates Under Flood Warning
- Road To Zero Influences Teens To Fight Injustice
- Two Rescued and Two Missing off Horseshoe Beach
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Is The Net Ban Affecting The Mullet Population?
- Wild Horse Dies During Rescue Mission in Paynes Prairie
- Online Reporting of Black Bear Sightings in NCF on the Increase