Gainesville Police Department Makes Big Prostitute Bust
GAINESVILLE-- A prostitution sting by the Gainesville Police Department netted four arrests last night along south east fourth street.
The bust took place after neighbors complained that prostitutes were soliciting around the neighborhood.
Those living in this northeast gainesville neighrborhood are happy to see their street corners are prosititute free, at least for now.
Undercover officers picked up Mato Eagle Horse and Diana Smith separately near the 1900 block of southeast fourth street.
Erika Gunnerson asked the undercover officer to give her a ride to tent city before calling the officer again and offering to perform sex acts.
Brandy Brochette, who was also arrested in the sting, had been arrested just last week for soliciting an officer who was in uniform.
Norma Neal who lives in the neighborhood says prostitution in the neighborhood has become a big problem.
(Norma Neal, neighbor) "they coming out more and more like every night, come out late stand on the corner here walking up and down the sidewalk."
All four alleged prostitutes nabbed in the sting are still in the Alachua County jail.
- Prostitution Stings Around Gainesville
- Bobcat Sighting at Paynes Prairie
- District Four Candidate Makes Alachua County All Democratic Commission
- Prostitution Bust Sends 16 To Clay County Jail
- Woman Tries to Smuggle Drugs into Jail
- Woman Smuggles Meth Into Jail
- Levy County Deputies Make Second Meth Bust in Two Days
- Florida Lieutenant Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera visits Alachua County
- Gainesville Business Owner Dies from Firework Accident
- Residents becoming more concerned with flooding in Gainesville