Marion County Family Under Attack
Marion County, Florida -- A Marion County family has had to deal with a number of unfortunate events this week.
Taegren Jones Sr., his girlfriend Lekeya Guyton and their two juvenile sons were sleeping in bed together when Jones woke up to a gunshot to his hand.
He soon discovered that one of his 3-year-old sons was shot in the forearm.
Earlier this week Lekeya Guyton called deputies to tell them that 17 of their pit bull dogs had been stolen.
According to deputies, 30 dogs have been stolen in Marion County this month.
Henry Baker lives next door to his son Taegren Jones Sr.
He heard the gunshots and that woke him up.
His son called immediately to tell his father what happened.
Baker says after all that has happened this week, he just wants justice for his son and his family.
He says he hates that his 3-year-old grandson got shot in the arm. Baker wants whoever is doing this to the family to be taken off the streets.
Both incidents are still under investigation.
Marion County deputies say there is a reward through Crime Stoppers for the pit bulls.
If you know anything, call the Crime Stoppers tip line at (352) 368-7867.
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Parts Of Ocala Under Rabies Alert
- New teachers in Marion County under pressure to perform
- Woman Who Crashed into Bicyclist was Under Influence
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Elderly man in critical condition after attack
- Gay teen harassed at school, attackers not punished
- Fishing Fees Under Attack
- Family grieves over stolen dog
- Bald eagles found dying at Marion County Landfill