North Central Florida Celebrates The 2014 World Cup
GAINESVILLE- - The Fifa World Cup kicked off today in Brazil.
While soccer is not the most popular sport in the United States, it's easily the biggest sporting event in the world.
The first game was earlier today with Brazil beating Croatia three to one.
House of Beer was preparing earlier today for the big crowds that come with the start of the games.
Soccer is a sport that brings all kinds of cultures together.
For Fabian Sioveira the World Cup is bigger than the Superbowl.
(Fabian Sioveira, soccer fan) " Its bigger than that, im sorry, but its way bigger than that, its everywhere."
The next game will be Mexico versus Cameroon tomorrow at noon.
- North Central Florida Reacts to Redskins Name Change
- Is North Central Florida Prepared for Ebola?
- Unintentional Injuries are the Third Biggest Killer in North Central Florida
- Top killer of women in the U.S. is second highest in North Central Florida
- National Signing Day 2014: North Central Florida Edition
- North Central Florida Remembers Nelson Mandela
- North Central Florida Rings in New Year With Celebrations
- Centenarians celebrate in North Central Florida
- Vote 2014: Update on Governors Race Before Polls Close
- How to keep your house safe during the holidays