Record Breaking Number of Free Adoptions in Alachua County
We have a record breaking amount of adoptions as Maddie's Pet Adoption Days event comes to an end.
Animal rescues in Alachua County have achieved 856 adoptions through out the two-day event.
Each individual organization taking part has their own goal, like the Alachua County Humane Society, which is working to send 185 animals to their forever homes.
Now, the local organizations do get money from the national Maddie's fund to cover adoption costs and the upkeep of future animals, but they say it's about something more.
"If we get a 185 adoptions out, we'll get, you know, over a $100,000 in funding, and that means a lot to this organization. So, we're pushing hard for the animals and the more that we can save once we get that funding,"said Alachua County Humane Society executive director Amanda Burks.
- "Maddie's Pet Adoption Days" Comes to Gainesville
- Roonie 5/28/14 - Maddie's Pet Adoption Days
- Maddie's Pet Adoption Days
- Hundred Of Pets Adopted For Free
- Health Department Finds Record Number of Mosquitoes in Alachua County
- Summer Lovin' Adopt-A-Thon Clearing Out Cages at ACAS
- Record-Breaking Adoption Event Wrapping Up
- Alachua Co. Animal Services Doubles Their Adoption Numbers
- Debate Number Two for The Next Alachua County Sheriff
- Alachua County Fair Numbers Up