Train Derails Near Hawthorne
Published June 2nd, 2014
HAWTHORNE, Fla. -- Alachua County Sheriff's deputies are responding to a train derailment at East County Road 1474 and U.S. 301 north of Hawthorne.
Early Monday morning 17 cars derailed, but no injuries, leaks or hazards are being reported at this time. There were 59 cars total.
"The biggest obstable at this point is that County Road 1474 at 301 is closed, and will be closed for a minimum of 24 hours as [officials] finish their investigations," says Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Sgt. Becky Butsher.
Butsher says use State Road 20 as an alternate route.
Officials with CSX and the NTSB are investigating what caused the accident.
We have a crew headed to the scene and will bring you the latest on this story throughout the day.
- CSX Train Derails Near Alachua
- No injuries in Dunnellon train derailment
- Train Derailment Spills 500 Tons Of Coal In Dunnellon
- Train Derailment Kills Two
- FDNY: 'Multiple Injuries' in NYC Train Derailment
- Derailment, Blast Crumple Buildings Near Baltimore
- SUV Hits Train Near Morriston; Nine People Injured
- Dead Horse and Mutilated Birds Found Near Train Tracks
- CSX Train Collides with Fedex Van in Hawthorne
- Bronson credit card scam derailed