63-year-old Pasco County man John Ruthell Henry was lethally injected Wednesday night at the Florida State Prison for stabbing his estranged wife and her 5-year-old son nearly 30 years ago. Just a few days before Christmas in 1985, Henry stabbed 29-year-old Suzanne 13 times after getting into an argument in her Zephyrhills home. He then drove her son, Eugene Christian, to Hillsborough County and stabbed him to death.
Henry confessed to both murders. The victims' family said they're relieved.
This was the third execution in the past 24 hours, and the third since Clayton Lockett's botched execution in April.
- Convicted Triple Murderer to be Executed Wednesday
- Florida to mix new lethal injection drug cocktail
- Governor Rick Scott Schedules Lethal Injection for Convicted Killer
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Fire Destroys Apartment Building
- Salvato Verdict Reached
- GRU Customer Seeks Refund
- Man Linked to String of Robberies
- Suspicious Packages Identified in Marion County
- Second Case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in Marion County