Urgent Care Clinic Coming to Chiefland
LEVY COUNTY - Urgent care is urgently needed in the western part of Levy County...where many travel an hour or more each way to go to the emergency room in neighboring counties.
Leaders are aiming to open an after hours clinic in Chiefland this coming January.
Last year alone there were 14 thousand ambulance trips...and an urgent care clinic could cut trips out of the county and shorten transport times.
Nancy Story, Levy County: "I've had to take them to the ER in the middle of the night just for an ear infraction.
Kyla Ryan: "And how long was your drive?"
Nancy: "An hour a hour and 15 mins."
Leaders from the Levy County Business Development Council say a private doctor is planning to open the after hours clinic...after successfully opening two others in citrus county.
- New Urgent Care Center Opens in Gainesville
- Two UF Primary Care Clinics to Close in Columbia County
- Pet Care Clinic Going Strong After Three Years
- Chain of Clinics Started by Governor Scott Changes Name
- Safety-Net Clinics Get Money To Expand Services
- Clinical Trials Can Help Children and Teens With Depression
- Hundreds Of Women Line Up To Participate In Football Clinic
- Colasante Clinic Scheduled to Close This Month
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- FBI RAIDS OLASANTE CLINIC