Alachua County School Board Will Vote on Dress Code
ALACHUA COUNTY - Tonight the Alachua County School Board decides if they will implement changes to their current dress code....or keep it the same.
If they vote to change the dress code, the main difference will be a shift from solid shirts to any colored or patterned shirt.
Nicole Hilliard, buying clothes for son - "when it comes to August it gets harder to purchase and finding the sizes that you need because everybody is rushing to get those items so if we had more variation then we would have more options and more supplies to get."
If approved, students would still be required to wear the polo or collared shirt - unless it is a school approved t-shirt - but shirts would no longer have to be solid.
Nor would pants.
Jeans would be allowed to have embellishments, but jeggings would not be allowed.
The current school dress code was adopted in the 2010-2011 school year.
Bibi Baksh will have the results of that vote tonight at 11 and for more information please visit the school board's website: http://www.sbac.edu/pages/ACPS/Parents___Students/Resources/Uniform_Policy_and_Information
- Alachua County Dress Code Changes Approved
- Committee is Proposing Changes to Alachua County's School Dress Code
- School Dress Code
- School Board votes to close Waldo Community School
- County Board Votes on Tax Exemption
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Condoms will be officially available in Alachua County schools, parents will have choice to opt-out
- Changes at the Alachua County School Board
- Alachua County School Board announces dedicated early learning center
- Alachua County School Board facing nearly $3 million deficit