Bobcat Sighting at Paynes Prairie
GAINESVILLE-- Lions, tigers and bobcats? well it may not be a zoo but one Of those animals was found at Paynes Prairie that left one animal in the hospital.
Alachua County deputies responded Friday afternoon to a call by the Paynes Prairie observation deck on south U.S. 4-41.
When deputies arrived they found an injured bobcat that was possibly hit by a car.
Alachua County Animal Services helped capture and transport the animal to an animal hospital.
Abobcat in that area isn't usually a common sighting.
(Becky Butscher, ASO Spokesperson) "we had a fawn several weeks back, and now a bobcat today, more normal are the alligator cases, but certainly its not anything routine, and certainly not anything we respond to on a routine basis."
The bobcat is said to be doing well and going through rehabilitation at the animal hospital.
- Warning signs along Payne's Prairie and Route 441 reaching the end
- Search for missing driver at Paynes Prairie continues...
- Petition opposes agricultural expansion for Paynes Prairie
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Human remains ID'd as body of missing Dunnellon man
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Man blows up home and burns himself while making meth
- Commissioners want less drug possession arrests, cut sheriff's budget