Bobcat Sighting at Paynes Prairie
GAINESVILLE-- Lions, tigers and bobcats? well it may not be a zoo but one Of those animals was found at Paynes Prairie that left one animal in the hospital.
Alachua County deputies responded Friday afternoon to a call by the Paynes Prairie observation deck on south U.S. 4-41.
When deputies arrived they found an injured bobcat that was possibly hit by a car.
Alachua County Animal Services helped capture and transport the animal to an animal hospital.
Abobcat in that area isn't usually a common sighting.
(Becky Butscher, ASO Spokesperson) "we had a fawn several weeks back, and now a bobcat today, more normal are the alligator cases, but certainly its not anything routine, and certainly not anything we respond to on a routine basis."
The bobcat is said to be doing well and going through rehabilitation at the animal hospital.
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Alachua Communications Center Uses New Technology
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Violent Criminal Organization In Columbia County Arrested
- Matheson Museum Brings Alachua County History to Life
- Lee Niblock to Take Over as Alachua County Manager