Fourth of July Celebrations in Lake City
Lake City, FL -- Tens of thousands of people from all over the North Central Florida region headed out to the Columbia County Fairgrounds Friday evening.
About thirty thousand people enjoyed a variety of activities before watching one of the biggest fireworks shows in North Central Florida.
They enjoyed live entertainment, a variety of food, and bounce houses for the kids.
But you didn't have to be from Lake City to be part of the festivities. Residents from surrounding areas, like Suwannee, Baker, Hamilton, Lafayette, Gilchrist and Dixie Counties also joined in.
That gave people the chance to mingle with residents outside of Lake City.
"I'm enjoying seeing people in my home county and actually a number of people in the surrounding counties," said resident Bruce Robinson.
The festivities started at 5 P.M, but fireworks began at 9:30 PM.
- City of Alachua Prepares for Fourth of July Celebration
- Tips To Keep Your Pet Calm This Fourth of July
- Fourth of July Travel
- County and City Approve FedEX plan
- Buy Local Gainesville Chamber of Commerce
- Statewide Wage Theft Bill Fails, Paving the Way for Alachua County's Ordinance
- Chamber of Commerce Push Toward a New Convention Center
- With Additional Hikes Looming, GRU Customers Discuss Energy Costs
- Archer Braid Trail, Officially Open To Public
- Sears Holdings Launches Center of Excellence