GRU Warns Business Customers of Potential Scam
Gainesville Regional Utilites want business customers to look out for a new phone scam.
A caller will say they are from GRU and that their bill is past due and if not paid the businesses power will be shut off.
In one version of the scam they ask for a cash or a third party website payment option.
In the other they ask the business to get a prepaid money card to pay the bill.
GRU warns residents that they will never ask for a payment over the phone.
- Zaxby's Warns Customers of Potential Fraud
- GRU Warns of Scam
- City of Archer and GRU Partner Up for Potential Natural Gas Franchise
- Scam targeting Ocala Utility Services customers
- Non-profit Group Claims GRU Customers Are Improperly Taxed
- GRU Customer Seeks Refund
- GRU Customers Hopeful For Refund
- Ahead of Rate Increases, GRU Customers To See Slight Decline in Next Two Bills
- Biomass Plant is "Commercially Operational," GRU Customers Will Feel Impact this Month
- With Additional Hikes Looming, GRU Customers Discuss Energy Costs