Made In America: Island Grove Wine Company
Published July 8th, 2014
ISLAND GROVE---A blueberry farm on the Alachua and Marion County line decided to turn the berries they didn't use into wine, and now they've created a new brand and product that's being sold in more than 300 stores across the state.
Island Grove Ag Products has one of the largest blueberry farms in Florida and contributes to the 20 million pounds of blueberries produced in the state each year.
Their blueberries go under a different label for marketing purposes, but the wine doesn't.
They sold 50,000 bottles last year and are looking to double that this year.
"It's the first time we're putting our name out there that the public is seeing and it's been wonderful," said general manager Sarah Aschliman.
You can find Island Grove Wine Company products in over 300 stores in Florida including Sam's Club.
But some varieties of wine are only sold at the winery.
For more information on Island Grove Wine Company, visit http://www.islandgrovewinecompany.com/.
- Made In America: The Goodwin Company
- Made in America: Fracture
- Made In America: Bluefield Estate Winery
- Made in America: Sweet Paws Bakery
- Made In America: PhotoFrost
- Island Grove Fire Claims Two Veterans
- Shooting at Forest Grove Baptist Church in Alachua County
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- A Great Made In America Christmas
- Blueberries In The Cold