Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
Published July 15th, 2014
A man accused of attempting to rob an 81-year-old couple is in jail tonight.
Investigators are also looking for a "witness" who may have been with him at the time of the crime.
Deputies say 22-year old Jacob Scott Hert committed a strong arm robbery at a Kangaroo station on Highway 441 in Ocala.
Hert attempted to snatch the elderly woman's bag, throwing her to the ground in the process.
Her husband was pushed to the ground as well.
Detectives say Hert's roommates noticed he had done something curious.
"His roommates were like, you know, yesterday he did come running in here, basically hid in the bedroom and told us that something had happened at the Kangaroo store," said Captain James Pogue with the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
Hert was located in a trailer behind the same Kanagroo station where Sunday's incident happened.
He had shaved his beard but investigators found the shirt worn during the robbery in a laundry basket in his room.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Marion County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man involved in armed robberies
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- Marion County sheriff's deputies looking for suspect after patrol cars burglarized, guns stolen
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Armed Robbery Suspect Caught
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety