Melrose Man "Spoofed" by Company
Melrose, FL -- A frustrated North Central Florida man is trying to get help - he claims to be a victim of "Caller ID Spoofing", meaning when your name and phone number show up on someone's caller ID, only you're not calling them. Rather, a person or company - many times a scammer - is using the information.
James Hilton said a company called "Cardmember Services" called him months ago promising to lower the interest rate on his credit card to zero if he provided his credit card number and he hung up on them. But now he's claiming they're using his phone number and name to contact people in his neighborhood.
Hilton said, "if you get one in my name, and number show up, believe you me i'm not selling anything to do with lowering your interest rate."
Hilton said he called his phone company, credit card companies and law enforcement, but everyone said they can't help him. When he called the FCC, he was told by an automatic message to file an online complaint. He doesn't have a computer but his friend was able to file one against the company.
- Melrose Man Caused Three-vehicle Collision.
- A "GatorMade" Company: Axogen Nerve Regeneration
- A "GatorMade" Company: Prioria Robotics
- A "GatorMade" Company: Banyan Biomarkers
- Free Speach Advocates Fear "Chilling Effect" After NSA Phone Records Revelation
- Ocala Man Accused Of Embezzling $600,000 From Company
- Man Steals iPhone, Demands Ransom from Owner
- Ocala's Culinary Combat
- Soldier from Melrose dies in Combat in Afghanistan
- Police Need Help to Find Missing Melrose Woman