One Dead In High Speed Chase
Published July 23rd, 2014
Dixie County, Florida -- Deputies say the three stole a 2008 Black Dodge Ram pickup truck this morning and weren't planning to stop.
At this moment we know that there were three people in the truck.
One is deceased and the other two were taken to the hospital.
Ocala police say they received a call this morning of a stolen truck from the Too Your Health Spa.
A "Be On The Look Out" was issued for the vehicle.
Short time later deputies with the Marion County Sheriff's Office located the pickup and pursued it after it failed to stop.
The pursuit went through multiple counties -- Marion, Levy, Gilchrist and ending in Dixie county.
Dixie County Sheriff Dewey Hatcher responded when they were told of the pursuit entering into their county.
He was able to force the dodge ram off the road.
The wreck took place just outside of Cross City.
Police say a Taurus .380 handgun was also found.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the pursuit and wreck.
- Cross-County, High-Speed Chase Leaves Residents Shaken
- Woman Leads 3 County High Speed Chase
- Fort White Man Leads Deputies On A High Speed Chase
- Man, 77, Leads Deputies On Multi-County High Speed Chase
- High Speed Chase in Gainesville
- Man Arrested After High Speed Chase
- Man Shot by Gainesville Police Officer During High Speed Car Chase
- High Speed Chase Ends With Car Crash
- Serial Bank Robber Caught After High Speed Chase
- Man killed after high speed chase with deputies