Registered Sex Offender in Ocala Arrested Again
OCALA - A convicted sex offender in Marion County has been arrested again...this time for molestating a child under twelve.
56-year-old Ernest Casillas is being held without bond in the Marion County Jail. The suspect has already served five years in prison on a prior charge.
Casillas was arrested after the child's family members went to police with their concerns.
The victim's family went to the lobby of the Ocala Police Department to find someone to talk to.
Two women and the victim went inside and found an officer.
The mother of the child waited outside and after an officer investigated the situation, the mother denied anything could have happened.
Sgt. Angy Scroble, Ocala Police Department: "Statements in the probable cause affidavit state that the mother did not believe this incident had occurred and believed the suspect and not her child victim."
While his previous conviction was in another state...Casillas recently served 10 months in jail in Marion County for failing to register his address correctly.
Sgt. Scroble says that because of his past history, there are different ways of determining maximum sentences if Casillas is convicted on this felony charge of lewd and lascivious molestation.
- Registered Sex Offender Arrested for Lewd Behavior on Underage Girl
- Sex Offender Arrested on New Rape Charges
- Sex Offender Arrested in Gainesville Neighborhood
- Ocala officer fired after arrest for sex with underage girl
- Convicted Sex Offender Asks to be Castrated
- Florida Sex Offenders Using Social Media
- Sex Offenders and Predators Get Special Driver's License Status
- Sex Offender On the Run
- Sex Offender Sweep
- DNA Tests Lead to 1983 Sex Offender