Road Dedication In Memory of Corporal David Moss
Williston, Florida -- A sign dedicating U.S. 27 in memory of Williston police officer Corporal David Moss was revealed for the first time.
Corporal Moss sacrificed his life July 30, 1988.
He was working the night shift when he was shot and killed by 19-year-old David Jenkins.
Moss was investigating a suspicious car he discovered.
He is the only law enforcement officer in the city of Williston to die in the line of duty.
His widow Lori Moss along with state representative Charlie Stone unveiled the sign that dedicates Corporal David W. Moss Memorial Highway.
It stretches from U.S. 27 from main street west to northwest 7th street.
His widow says police work was something he wanted to do from the time he was a little kid.
Moss says their family and close friends will always do something on this day every year.
- Pavillion Dedication Memorializes Former Fire Chief Hope Powell
- Road Dedication Honors Fallen Hero
- Road Dedication In Ocala
- "Ghost Bike" Memorial a Reminder to Share Road
- Tips For Traveling On The Road... Memorial Day Weekend
- More Drivers Expected on the Roads this Memorial Day Weekend
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools
- Parade of Homes Showcase Helps Stimulate Gainesville's Housing Market
- A Century of Pain, Former Dozier Student Speaks Up
- Future Of The 400 Building