Back-To-School Shopping Rush Continues
ALACHUA COUNTY---It's the last night of freedom for most North Central Florida students and their parents were out in full force today getting some last-minute shopping done.
Parents say they were out getting deals on everything from school supplies, clothes, shoes and more.
The state-wide tax holiday was earlier this month and many parents say they did get some shopping done during that time - but there are some things they missed - or weren't told about before hand.
"You don't really know what they're gonna do until the first day but you can get the basics and there are some things that we did get but we need a few more that we found out," said parent Emmy Jones.
Classes in Alachua, Bradford, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist, Lafayette, Levy, and Marion counties start tomorrow.
For Suwannee and Union counties, it's Tuesday and Thursday respectively.
- Study Finds Parents Spending Less On Back-To-School Shopping
- Back-To-School Safety Tips
- Free Back-to-School Shots
- Health Department Giving Out Free Back-to-School Shots
- County Health Departments Offering Back-To-School Physicals, Immunizations
- Back-To-School Fair Joins Forces With "Stop The Violence Rally"
- Savvy Shopping From North Central Florida
- Black Friday Shopping in North Central Florida
- State's Largest Fire Continues to Burn in North Central Florida
- Gun Control Debate Continues in North Central Florida