Belleview Woman Struck by Train, Marion Co. Residents Call for Preventative Measures
Published August 27th, 2014
BELLEVIEW---A woman was struck by a train in Belleview, making it the sixth train-pedestrian accident in Marion County this year.
A 23-year-old woman decided to lay on the tracks right next to her home in Whispering Oaks Trailer Park after her boyfriend broke up with her.
The train struck her arm and head, leaving her arm partially amputated.
Her roommates told us she will survive her injuries but she has been baker acted because of her suicidal actions.
Residents of this trailer park say traffic on the railroad tracks is very common.
"I also just see people run through here, just jump on the track and just fool around like it's a game. And it's not a game and it's not funny and it's not worth it," said incident witness Alexandria Lowery.
Long-time residents of the trailer park remember a similar case like this 5-6 years ago.
They want the managers of the property to build a fence around the tracks to prevent these incidents from happening.
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Marion County Sheriff's Office looking into possible connected armed robberies
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Homicides Committed Hours Apart from Each Other in Marion Co.