Belleview Woman Struck by Train, Marion Co. Residents Call for Preventative Measures
Published August 27th, 2014
BELLEVIEW---A woman was struck by a train in Belleview, making it the sixth train-pedestrian accident in Marion County this year.
A 23-year-old woman decided to lay on the tracks right next to her home in Whispering Oaks Trailer Park after her boyfriend broke up with her.
The train struck her arm and head, leaving her arm partially amputated.
Her roommates told us she will survive her injuries but she has been baker acted because of her suicidal actions.
Residents of this trailer park say traffic on the railroad tracks is very common.
"I also just see people run through here, just jump on the track and just fool around like it's a game. And it's not a game and it's not funny and it's not worth it," said incident witness Alexandria Lowery.
Long-time residents of the trailer park remember a similar case like this 5-6 years ago.
They want the managers of the property to build a fence around the tracks to prevent these incidents from happening.
- Homicides Committed Hours Apart from Each Other in Marion Co.
- CSX trains collide in Marion County
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- 911 Calls Improve With Techonology
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Marion Co. Man Reported Missing, Family Fears for His Safety
- Marion Co. Strong Arm Robbery Suspect Caught
- Authorities Searching for Missing Marion Co. Man
- Residents left homeless after fire engulfs apartment in Belleview
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties