Bravo Trial Day 3: Girlfriend Takes Stand
GAINESVILLE - Bravo is the Santa Fe College student accused of slaying UF student Christian Aguilar. A witness' emotional testimony led trial to a recess.
Erika Friman who dated both bravo and aguilar, was on the stand. She looked very distraught, sad; you could see it in her eyes. The state asked her about her relationship with Bravo.
Friman says that a common friend-- Rosa Felibert told Aguilar, Bravo was suicidal. When that information reached her she became concerned and reached out to him.
Here she's reading text messages between her and Bravo.
Friman sent a text saying, "Please for the love of god dont do anything crazy. Please pedro. I can't. I need you to not do anything crazy okay? Please let me talk to you.” And Bravo responded, "No you don't. I am done. I am giving myself one week. Let me be."
When Bravo asked Friman if Aguilar and her were together, she lied and said they weren't. She says she didn't think it was the appropriate time to tell him. That he was in a sensitive point of his life.
When the state was showing Friman physical evidence, especially Aguilar's belongings-- she lost it and started crying. The court decided to break for 15 minutes.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 2: Father & Mother Take Stand
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
- Trial For UF Student Murder Case Set To August 4th
- Pedro Bravo Charged With Murder In Case Against Missing UF Student
- Bravo Trial Day 1: Narrowing Down Prospective Jurors
- Bravo Trial Day 3: Journals, Letters & Sketchbooks Read In Court
- Bravo Trial Day 1: Jury Selected
- Bravo Trial Day 2: Opening Statements
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood