Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo Asks For Inmate's Help In Creating Copy-Cat Murder
GAINESVILLE - It's day 8 of our continuing coverage of the Pedro Bravo murder trial.
Bravo is accused of killing his high school friend, UF student Christian Aguilar, over an obsession with a girl.
We heard from Michael Angelo, he is a felon who has been convicted nine times. Bravo and Angelo were in the same pod in jail and even the same cell for some time. Angelo says Bravo confessed his crime to him. And now he gets a deal for testifying.
Angelo says he was reading in his cell when Bravo asked him to borrow a pen and his shoelaces. Bravo planned to write a suicide note to his parents with the pen and use the shoelaces to kill himself. But instead of giving Bravo his shoelaces, angelo says he convinced Bravo to tell him what he was in jail for.
And Bravo gave him that information in hopes that Angelo, who was in jail for recruiting gang members-- and possibly had outside connections that would help him cover up the Aguilar murder.
Angelo said, "I would have to go get... Or have somebody go get the shovel to copy cat that murder to make it look like somebody else had did it. And that I would have to basically put it somewhere else than where it was."
Angelo says Bravo wrote a letter to him offering money for the help. A way to get his charges thrown out Angelo said.
I will be tweeting live from the courthouse all week long, follow me on Twitter @BecharaReports.
- Bravo Trial Day 8: Bravo's Cellmate Recounts Murder
- Bravo Trial Day 4: Items In Bravo's SUV Tested Positive For Blood
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Bravo's Handwriting Confirmed
- Bravo Trial Day 5: Hunters Tell How They Found Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 7: Gruesome Details About Aguilar's Remains
- Bravo Trial Day 9: Bravo's Side Of The Story
- Bravo Trial Day 9: Bravo's Cellmate Maps Out Shovel Location
- Bravo Trial Day 10: Last Text From Aguilar's Phone
- Missing UF Student's Family, Not Giving Up
- Trial For UF Student Murder Case Set To August 4th