Eye Doctors Offer Free Screenings for Three Different Diseases
GAINESVILLE---The eyes really are the windows into the soul, at least when it comes to your health.
The doctors at the Retina Specialty Institute's Gainesville office offered free screening for diabetes, diabetic retinopathy, and macular degeneration today.
Doctors Kaushal and Clark, along with the Lions Club, say they offered the first screening where patients were checked for all three of these diseases at once.
The doctors say it's important to keep an eye on the retina as it is one of the most sensitive parts of the body.
Almost every human disease shows itself within the retina.
For more information on the Retina Specialty Institute, visit http://www.retinaspecialty.com/.
- Retina Specialty Institute Offering Free Screenings For Retinal Diseases
- Free Eye Screenings For Service Dogs
- UF offers free eye exams for service dogs
- Huge Difference By Region When It Comes To Prescribing Antidepressants To Elderly
- Doctors Hope Classifying Obesity as a Disease Leads to More Treatment
- Preventing Blindness Caused By Diabetes
- Free Day of Health Screenings for Service Dogs
- 3rd graders get free dental health screenings
- North Florida Offers Free Colonoscopy
- Alachua County offers free health care center for employees