Father Forces Young Daughter to Do Extreme Exercises, Chokes Her
GAINESVILLE---A father is accused of choking his 10-year-old daughter after she asked for help to put her bicycle helmet on.
38-year-old Benjamin Wilson also says he wakes his young daughter up every morning at 4:30 to do chin-ups, push-ups, and ab exercises.
If the girl can't complete these tasks, he forces her to do further exercises and makes her ride her bike up to 5 miles while he belittles her, calling her "pathetic."
The girl's mother finally contacted police after she saw "redness" on her daughter's neck.
The girl told authorities that her father choked her on Tuesday after she asked for help putting on her helmet.
Wilson is currently in the Alachua County Jail for aggravated child abuse and is being held on a $25,000 bond.
- Gainesville Police Officer Accused of Abusing Daughter
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child
- Gainesville Mother Apparently Catches Babysitter Smothering Her 11-Month-Old Daughter
- Woman Charged With Child Abuse, After Suffocating 2-Month-Old Baby
- Florida's New Child Abuse Law Could Cause More Harm Than Good
- Police: Former Gator Football Player Accused Of Choking Girlfriend
- Gainesville Man Pulls Knife on Girlfriend and Her Alleged Lover
- Gainesville Police Headquarters Set To Receive Extreme Makeover
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Child Abuse, Arrested