Hundreds Head to the Polls for Early Voting
ALACHUA COUNTY---It's the first day of early voting and hundreds people made their way out to the polls.
Within the first three hours of the polls being open, there were over 300 voters at the three locations.
Voters had their choice between the downtown Gainesville Supervisor of Elections office or the Millhopper or Tower Road public libraries.
Election officials say this high turnout early on in the process is part of a recent trend of increased early voting.
"Ever since early voting was introduced as an option for the voters, we have seen an increase. It's been something that the voters seem to really enjoy having and we're constantly getting very positive feedback," said Alachua County Supervisor of Elections Pam Carpenter.
Early voting runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily through next Saturday the 23rd.
The official election day for primaries is Tuesday, August 26th.
- Early Voting For Alachua County
- Elections Office Will Not Move to Former "Big Lots" Store as Planned
- Election Workers Prepare for Big Night
- Supervisor of elections moving to new location
- Alachua County primary elections results
- Early Voting Ended, Today's The Day To Vote
- Early election for Alachua County candidates
- Early Voting For Gainesville City Commission
- Early voting schedule across the state
- Early voting begins in Florida