Inmate Found Dead in Jail Hours After Arrest
MARION COUNTY---Investigators are looking into an inmate death at the Marion County Jail.
48-year old Mark Beekman was arrested Saturday by Ocala Police and booked into the jail at about 4 p.m. on battery charges.
Less than 90 minutes later, Beekman was found dead in a medical pod.
Detectives are still investigating the cause of death.
This is the second inmate death at the Marion County Jail within the last two weeks.
67-year-old Terrance John Early was found unresponsive in a medical pod August 17th, and he was later pronounced dead.
- Inmate Dies After Collapsing at Levy County Jail
- Gilchrist County Jail Inmate Dies Two Days After Fight with Cellmate
- Inmates Fight Stats in Marion County Jail
- Marion County Jail Inmate Dies In Custody
- Marion County Baliff Faces Charges After Giving Inmate Girlfriend Contraband
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- Marion County Teacher and Husband Found Dead
- 340 Animals Found Dead In Marion County Home
- Two dead after crashes in Marion County
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash