Keep Your Distance When School Starts Once Again
GAINESVILLE - The first day of school will soon replace the dog days of summer...and as kids board their buses, leaders are saying keep your distance.
In Alachua County, there are 5,000 school bus stops.
This year the University of Florida and Santa Fe College begin a week after schools...that helps as drivers learn their new routes.
Leaders also say there are things to tell your kids before they board.
David Dease, ACPS Transportation Manager, Operations: "caution your kids about staying on the right side of the road until the bus stops we allow kids to cross two lanes of traffic but they should stay on their side where their bus stop is until the bus arrives and then cross the road."
Bus drivers were in this week to learn all of their new routes, which change each year.
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Once again, Zimmerman pulled over in traffic stop
- Florida Football Challenged Once Again to Stop Steve Spurrier's Offense
- Perry once again files bill to create independent GRU authority board
- Children Learn of Possible Dangers when Walking to School
- Teen arrested when a gun was found at school
- Other Jurors Distance Themselves from Juror B37
- Health Interview On Ways To Keep The Gym Fun
- How to keep your house safe during the holidays
- Alachua County voters to decide again on one mill for schools tax