Owner: Marion Theater Fairing Well During Summer Months
OCALA---It's been a landmark for more than 70 years, and it's been facing some hard times. But things are looking up for the Marion Theater.
In a statement to TV20 news, the theater's owner, Carmen Soto, says the summer months have been more favorable than early 2014 numbers.
She credits this to special events and premieres.
The Marion Theater was the venue for the inaugural Silver Springs International Film Festival, which featured John Travolta as a speaker.
Some residents have ideas to improve the theater's presence.
"We're talking about doing maybe theater performances, or maybe once a night, coming in dressed up in 40s style clothing and stuff like that, showing feature films from those times," said ocala resident Brittany Charlton. "It would be really great. Something different. And everyone's always looking for something new in town to do."
Soto says the community welcomed her with open arms when she took over the theater, so continuing to work with the community would be a way for her to return the favor.
- Tow Lot Owner: Arrest Unfair
- Kohl's Donates $14,000 To UF Shands For Summer Safety Fair
- Students Performing During Black History Month
- Tuskegee Airmen Remembered During Black History Month
- Marion County New Year's Health Resolution
- Lamb Goes For More Than $82,000 At Ocala Youth Fair
- Science Fair Kicks Off in Ocala
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Public Safety Fair
- Fake Bomb Device Found At Ocala Movie Theater Belonged To UCF Student
- FL Lt. Governor Carlos Lopez-Cantera Visits Ocala Business Owners