Residents Living In Hazardous Conditions
Gainesville, Florida -- They're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.
A notice of violation has been issued for several apartments in the Aviara apartment complex in southeast Gainesville.
Code enforcement officials say that many people are living in hazardous conditions.
Those include sewage problems, appliances not hooked up, roach infestation and water damage.
Tiffany Pineda says she has issues from the toilet paper dispenser falling off the wall, to cracked tiles on the floor and outlets sparking.
Pineda says management fixed some of the minor problems, but not the major one's.
Aviara management has until this Friday to correct the conditions of all the buildings listed in the violation.
- Children Found Living in "Deplorable" Conditions
- Sturgeon injures Two Live Oak Residents
- Bumpy Road to Recovery for Live Oak Residents
- Live Oak Opens Shelter for Displaced Debby Residents
- Hazardous Weather Awareness Week
- Hazardous Materials Scare
- Wildfire Hazards for Homeowners
- Jumping Sturgeon Hazards
- Morning Accident Leaves Man in Critical Condition
- Man in Critical Condition After Losing Control of Car