Students Wait in Hotels as Apartment Complexes are Completed
GAINESVILLE - Two apartment complexes in Gainesville did not meet their target finish dates...so students are attending classes this week but not sleeping in their own beds.
LynCourt Square and the Grove Apartments have put their residents in hotels free of charge.
Construction at LynCourt is scheduled to end by mid-September and The Grove does not have a definite end date.
One student staying at a hotel says the stay is not really that bad, but he would like to be home soon.
Kevin Casamayor, student - "we had our suspicions as we got to the end of the year and everyone else's new apartment was almost done and ours was just kinda there. They told us early in the summer or around June or July I think that's when they told us.
LynCourt has 110 students in hotels.
- Black Mold Impacting A Student Living At The Polos Apartments Complex
- Hotels Not Completely Booked For Kick-Off Game
- 23-Year-Old Murdered at Ocala Apartment Complex
- Fire at Gardens Apartment Complex
- Residents call for action at apartment complex
- In the Pines Apartment Complex Facing Hefty Fines
- Crews Extinguish Fire At Gainesville Apartment Complex
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Murder In Southern Pines Apartment Complex
- Woman Shot And Killed At Gainesville Apartment Complex