Gators v. Idaho Game Canceled: What Now?
GAINESVILLE-- The Florida Gator football season kicked off Saturday night in the Swamp.
Then, it didn't.
The Gators got in precisely one play because of persistent thunderstorms.
Now some decisions need to be made over what happens with their matchup against idaho.
(Lauren Verno, @laurenverno) " well the swamp was literally a swamp this weekend and while the gators didn't get to play their first game of the season, we went around and asked fans what they think they should do."
"I think they should play the game!"
"I think that after playing seven straight we're probably going to need the week off to go ahead rest, recover and prepare ourselves for our big rivalry game against georgia."
"Honestly i don't really care what happens i just want to make sure that we have a game next time."
The athletic directors and coaches from both schools have four options about what to do about the canceled game.
According to the S-E-C rule book they can either resume the game at a later date, terminate the game with a determined final score,forfeit the game, or declare no contest
If the game is resumed it will begin where they left off.
A decision regarding Idaho will be made sometime later this week.
The last time this happened was in 2004 against Middle Tennessee State.
They ended up rescheduling that game.
- Gator football defensive back arrested
- 91st Gator Growl Preparations Underway
- Gator Growl making few changes for second year on Flavet Field
- Wildfire Then, Wildfire Now?
- UFPD explains why students are seeing increased alerts around campus
- Third Annual Gator Fly-In Cancelled
- 33 Million Dollars Going to Veterans
- Law Enforcement Working Together On Four Recent Attacks
- No Answers in University Attacks But One Student Speaks Out About the Suspect
- New Study Could Offer Relief for Dogs With Arthritis