Semi Crashes Into School Bus, Injures 10
Starke, FL -- Ten people are recovering - seven of them kids - after a semi crashed into a school bus carrying 15 kids from Starke Elementary Monday afternoon.
Officials said the bus was stopped and unloading kids at the intersection of Highway 301 and NW 183 Street in Starke when a semi, marked as Mo's Trucking, Palatka, FL, crashed into the bus.
Witnesses said the driver was going more than 60 miles an hour and did not brake when it saw the bus.
Terrence Jamerson said he saw the semi driving erratically down Highway 301 miles before the crash. He called FHP to report it and then followed the truck, but he said the semi had already collided with the bus when they arrived.
"I was just like, screaming in the truck, like I know he's going to stop, I'm like, I hope this guy stops, I hope this guy stops, by the time I said it again, he just, with no brakes, no nothing, just hit the back of the bus, pushed the bus, and you see where the bus landed at on the other side of the ditch."
The bus driver and seven kids were taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries. The two people in the semi were also injured and in critical condition Monday night. Officials said the female passenger in the semi was not fully clothed when they pulled her out of the truck.
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Trucker pleads guilty in school bus crash
- Truck crashes into school bus full of children
- School Year Resumes With Changes For Starke Elementary School
- Starke Elementary School Relocated
- Semi-Truck Crashes
- Starke Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- Driver killed after rear-ending school bus
- Soldiers Injured In Military Bus Crash
- Military Bus Crash injures 19 Guardsmen