Shooting Injures Mother and Child, Neighbors Believe the Shooting was Retaliation
Published September 1st, 2014
OCALA---An Ocala shooting that injured a mother and her 10-month-old child might have been out of retaliation.
Multiple residents of Ocala Place Apartments told TV20 they believe a fight between a group of women was the fuel behind the Sunday morning shooting.
According to an August 23rd Ocala Police report---the shooting victim, Kendra Tucker--- was one of main women involved in that brawl.
Tucker was lying in bed with her boyfriend and two children Sunday morning when she was shot in leg and her 10-month old baby shot in the foot.
Her neighbors fear their children could be hit by bullets if they go play outside, or even when they are sleeping in their beds at night.
"There's a lot of kids out here that's playing all the time. And it could have hit anyone of them," said Ocala Place resident Tamera Henderson.
Both Tucker and her child were transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
In late July, a murder at Spring Manor Apartments and two other shootings were linked to two to three groups of young adults feuding with one other.
Ocala police do not know whether this shooting is connected to that feud at this time.
- Child, 2, Seriously Injured After Crawling Under SUV
- Single Car Crash In Levy County Kills Child, Injures 5 Others
- Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments; 1 dead, 2 injured
- Family Honors Child, Helps Community
- One Person Arrested in Shooting at an Ocala Apartment Complex
- Ocala Shooting Has Residents at One Apartment Complex on Edge
- Ocala Man Killed in Shooting at Spring Manor Apartments
- Police Looking for Second Suspect in Shooting at Spanish Trace Apartments
- Police Find Gun Believed Used in CA College Shooting
- Police: Ocala Man Turns Himself In After Shooting