State grants $15M for new Middle-High School
CROSS CITY, Fla. -- Governor Rick Scott granted more than $15 million to Dixie County's new Middle-High School project.
$13.7 million was part of a three year payment plan for the project. The other $1.5 million was for a sewer main.
The school board still has to fill a gap made by their budget and the $34 million dollar construction price.
"We're within about a half a million dollars or so from getting within budget we still got a little trimming to do," superintendent Mark Raines explains.
The school board will meet with the construction team to agree on a final cost of the project.
The board approved $6 million last month for site clearing.
- School board approves $6.2 million for middle-high project
- Bronson Middle/High School bullying
- Hawthorne Middle/High School played with ineligible player
- First day of school in the books for Osceola Middle School
- Cross-County, High-Speed Chase Leaves Residents Shaken
- Howard Bishop Middle School's New Tech Program
- New Principals Appointed at Local Elementary and Middle Schools
- Bomb threat at Kanapaha Middle School deemed hoax
- School district wins grant to increase locally produced foods in schools
- Grant Helps School Build New Playground