NCF agencies search for missing woman
LAKE CITY, Fla. -- Law enforcement officers from across North Central Florida are searching for a missing woman from baker county.
56-year-old Sharon Jackson was last heard from over a week ago, according to family.
"I feel like one of my children are missing," Jackson's older sister Cathy Hooper tells TV20.
Hooper has been making flyers to help with the search.
"Really some of the worse stress and the deepest concern that a concern a person goes through," Hooper shares, "and shouldn't have to."
Hooper says spoke to Jackson last Sunday in Maclenny.
The next day, Columbia County sheriff's deputies found Hooper's Chevy abandoned in the median of SR 47 and Harmony Lane.
Cpl. Murray Smith, with CCSO, says tips came in confirming Hooper was in Lake City.
"We have a credible source that saw her at 6:30 monday morning by her car."
Hooper says she's preparing herself for the worst after learning Jackson's belongings were left inside the car - scattered.
"I feel like its got to be foul play," Hooper explains.
A suspicious scenario for her, but investigators in Columbia County say they think Jackson is out there.
"There's several things that could of happened and there's no evidence of any foul play," Cpl. Smith says.
A hope family is holding on.
"Just pray to god you can find your way home."
Sheriff Mark Hunter has a special K-9 team arriving on Friday from Jacksonville.
- CCSO: Body found along SR 47
- Jackson death ruled as accident
- Law enforcement searching for missing Lake City woman
- Search efforts for missing Lake City woman grows
- Marion County Sheriff's deputies search for missing family
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Columbia Co. Deputies Searching for Shooting Suspect
- Deputies scale back search efforts
- Authorities Searching for Missing Marion Co. Man
- Suspect's comments initiate FBI investigation