New principal headed to Glen Springs
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- The Alachua County School Board approved a new leader at Glen Springs Elementary- Oak View's assistant principal Kelly Armstrong.
"I feel honored, I'm excited to be a part of the Glen Springs family," Armstrong told the board Tuesday.
Armstrong will replace Jacqueline Jones after some parents complained in November.
Superintendent Dr. Owen Roberts met with parents regarding complaints of a lack of communication, low morale and a firm focus on testing from school leadership...one parent told me --then-- Jones kept them out of the loop.
"She came in quickly, parent Lisa Tatum said in November. "Yeah it felt like a big stick cause I don't think she took the time to see what was really working."
Spokesperson Jackie Johnson says Armstrong was a good fit for the school. Armstrong will start in July. It's unclear whether Jones will remain in the district.
- Parents voice concerns over new school leadership
- One Class at a Time: Meet December Winner Lawrie Gebhardt
- Removal Of ASO Traffic Unit Leads To Less Traffic Tickets Being Issued
- FluMist Vaccines Available In Schools
- Two Crossing Guards Laid to Rest
- The Same Deputy Will Now Remain in Elementary Schools
- One Class at a Time: Meet February Winner Brooke Newell
- Law Enforcement Now at Elementary Schools After Sandy Hook Tragedy
- Meadowbrook Opening Soon, District Hopes It Will Relieve Overcrowding
- Alachua County teacher of the year finalists