Chiefland mayor's body found
CHIEFLAND, Fla. -- A weekend of searching ended in an upsetting conclusion in Levy County.
Mayor Teal Pomeroy’s body was found about 4:30 this morning in Clay Landing.
An icon in the little town of Chiefland, this morning's discovery has impacted many people in the community.
Officials said they are not sure how he died yet, but the investigation is ongoing.
A regularly scheduled city-council meeting will work out the details of his absence early this week.
- Chiefland Mayor laid to rest
- New Chiefland mayor appointed
- High Springs' Mayor's Economic Development Task Force
- Mayor's Response to hiring aide
- Some Archer Residents Disapprove Of Mayor's Lengthy Vacation
- Child's Death Ruled Accidental Drowning
- Missing body of Palmetto woman found in Chiefland
- Body Found In Weirsdale, Death Unknown
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- Lake City Police Still Investigating Accidental Shooting Death of 11-Year Old Boy