MCSO releases images from home burglary
MARION COUNTY—$100,000 worth of valuables were taken from a home in Marion County and deputies are searching for the suspects.
Neighbors in that area say they’re concerned that they might be next.
Amy Lord said, “I’m very shocked. I mean, I am very shocked. It's a little scary to me because it happened right across the street from me. I could be next."
Amy Lord says the area inside Golden Hill subdivision is normally very quiet.
That is until last Wednesday, when two people broke into her neighbor's home stealing high priced valuables.
Amy Lord said, “Yes it’s scary because like I said, two houses upfront were also robbed a while back. So I’m glad that the Marion County Sheriff’s Office is on top of this.”
Deputies say when they got to the house on Northeast 75th Avenue; they noticed the front door had been opened.
Once inside they say several items were scattered around the bedroom, and the home owners say they're missing a statue, silverware and jewelry altogether valued at more than one-thousand dollars.
Deputies say the homeowners' surveillance video gives them a better chance to catch the suspects.
Lauren Lettelier said, "This has really helped us in this case, these pictures are quite good. They show a really good description of the subjects and their clothing. If anyone recognizes them please call 911, so we can get them identified and in the Marion County Jail.”
Other neighbors say despite the latest burglary, they aren't taking any special precautions to protect their homes.
The next door neighbor said "No, I’m sure not adding anymore security to this home because I’m just renting here. I’ve been here long enough to know how to stay protected. I hope they catch the two guys.”
- MCSO: Ocala man arrested after going AWOL from the U.S. Air Force 45 years ago
- MCSO: 26-year-old man fatally shot in the driveway of a Silver Springs Shores home
- MCSO: Gunman's bullets narrowly miss 2 boys playing inside Ocala home
- MCSO: deputies still searching for clues to solve Ronnie Damon's homicide
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- Deputy impersonator targets Villages, using Markeith Loyd story to enter homes
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- MCSO deputies searching for man who drugged and raped a 15-year-old girl
- MCSO: ATV rider reports being shot in arm during Superbowl weekend in Dunnellon
- MCSO deputies purchase a new virtual shooting training simulator