Gunman unknown 1 year after Isadore Lee killed in Holly Heights
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A year has passed since the shooting of Isadore Lee in Holly Heights and the gunman is still unknown. The Alachua County Sheriff's Office arrested three people in connection to his murder.
Jonathan Watts was arrested in july for giving a false statement. Tyheem Walker was arrested in September for possessing a weapon underage. Richard Mays arrested in august for tampering with evidence. Mays motioned for bond reduction but was denied last week.
"I just wish he could come back, I just wish," said Giselle Lee, Lee's daughter.
"This was a very large gathering in the neighborhood that ended in a fight and people pulled out guns and guns were involved. Unfortunately there were two people shot in this," said Alachua County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Art Forgey.
The other victim, Lakeya Stewart was injured, but made it out with her life. The same cannot be said for Lee.
"He left behind his daughter, most of all, his mom and dad," said Ron Bolton, his father.
Police said Lee and Stewart were bystanders during the fight who just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.
"It had nothing to do with him," Ron said. "You had one year to make yourself known, you had one year to make my granddaughter happy again."
"It's kind of like peeling back many layers and many people that were involved and having that evidence analyzed," said Forgey.
Stephanie Bolton, Lee's mother, said "For them to think that you can do this and don't take responsibility for this, or face consequences for this, that's what's hurting the family."
"We anticipate that there's going to be other arrests besides the three that have occurred," Forgey said.
"I really miss him. I wish he could come back but he can't," his daughter cried.
The family is holding a candlelight vigil tonight at 6:30 at Holly Heights.
- Man arrested in connection with Holly Heights shooting
- Woman sentenced to 25 years for trying to kill ex-husband
- Reaction to gun control discussion after Orlando shooting
- Gainesville shooting near elementary school after bar fight
- Man sentenced to 4 years prison after soliciting minor
- 25 year old mom with cancer dies after proving illness
- Police: Gunman killed after shooting at FSU
- Man charged with sex trafficking in federal court
- HOLLY HEIGHTS CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY
- Rebuilding Trust in Holly Heights