Human remains ID'd as body of missing Dunnellon man
MARION COUNTY,Fla.--- Marion County deputies have identified the body found in Dunnellon last August.
They say those remains are those of Eric Humbert Jr and the cause of his death is still under investigation.
Lauren Lettelier said, "Right now we're waiting for the cause of death and manner of death to come back because those results are still pending."
Back in August of 2016, Eric Humbert Sr. asked Marion County Sheriff's for help finding his son Eric Humbert Jr., who had gone missing in the Dunnellon area.
Eric Humbert Sr. said, "In the beginning I really didn't think too much of it, but then after a couple of weeks of not being able to contact him and then finding out that his phone was off, and he wasn't on Facebook or Twitter, that's when I really got concerned."
Eric Humbert Jr. had been missing for 10 days on August 20th when searchers found a body in a wooded area, north of the intersection of Southwest 162nd Terrace and 36th Street.
After months of investigation the Florida Department of Law Enforcement confirmed Monday that those remains are Humbert Jr.
Lauren Lettelier said, "It hurts us to a great level to deliver that type of news to the family, but now they have some closure to where he is. He's no longer missing. We know that we have located him and now we just have to find out what the manner of death was which is what forensic analysis will tell us sometime soon."
No word yet on whether foul play is suspected and anyone with information about this case can contact the Sheriff's Office.
- MCSO: 26-year-old man fatally shot in the driveway of a Silver Springs Shores home
- Two protesters 'forced' out of Sabal Trail pipe in Dunnellon
- Human Remains Found In Backyard Believed To Be Missing Man
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs
- Marion County Sheriff's deputies search for missing family
- MCSO: Gunman's bullets narrowly miss 2 boys playing inside Ocala home
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- MCSO: ATV rider reports being shot in arm during Superbowl weekend in Dunnellon
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly
- MCSO deputies searching for man who drugged and raped a 15-year-old girl